Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

What's your price? When does the price not matter?


Today after work, I picked up a few things. The budget is tight, so some items I buy store brand. We needed bathroom soap. I saw that they had the foaming kind. SCORE!! Love the foaming kind. I am such a little kid. Then I saw the price was over $3, and the store brand for the normal hand soap was on sale for 91 cents. *pout* Couldn't help it, bought the foaming kind. Which brings me to a question. When does the price not matter? What are the little perks in life you are willing to spend a little more for?
For that matter, what is your price? Let me explain with a confession. Anyone who knows me, I don't eat pork. With a few exceptions (mostly unknowing) I haven't touched it in 13 years. When in Japan, I ate it with a smile on my face. What gives? Well, it seems that my price isn't money, it is a little 89 year old grandma who doesn't speak English, ordering delivery for everyone as soon as they got there. Just couldn't say no to that, or refuse to eat it. Is there something you just won't do? What would it take to get you to do it?

So, how about it? What is your price? When does the price not matter?

2 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

I love the foam soap! Just as a tip, I bought one bottle (I think the exact one in your picture) and now I refill it with about half an inch of regular hand soap, Softsoap or whatever you have, then fill it up with water. Tada! Foam soap cheap! You just needed the right pump.

In case you don't remember the screenname, I came over from Kate's blog.

As for my price, I will pay more for good conditioner (not super pricy, maybe Pantene instead of Suave), and face products - wash/moisturizer. This is much to my husband's dismay, as he sees no point in having special products just for your face when you already have a bar of soap in the shower.

May 22, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

hangermom, you are more than welcome! Sit right down, and I will get you a cup of green tea. I tried to delute the soft soap, but guess I didn't get the mix right... hmmm... but then again I used the bottle from bed bath and beyond I won from a girly party...
I HAVE to use special soap for my face, it is too sensitive.. but I have been using baby bath, works pretty good!

May 23, 2006 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home