Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Could I have been bored?

I haven't gotten much work done on my current projects. I just have NOT been wanting to knit. I read A lot on knitting, spending a good hour or two on blogs and web lists. So it wasn't knitting itself that was boring me. So I took a good hard look at my projects. Two mindless easy projects, the type I say that I love. A summer tote bag for mom (stripes done in a round tube) and a pair of slippers done in the same pattern before, but with absolutely NO stitch definition this time... Might as well sew them out of black faux fur. Could I be bored??

Enter a cardigan for Lil Bit: A paintbox Kit fom The Sassy Skein. The pattern is #1051 A Star is Born http://www.sassyskein.com/catalogofsassyskeinknits.html (first one on the list)
I am not usually fond of this many clashing colors, but so far it is knitting up kind of nice. I am almost finished with the checkerboard bottom, and even though I am sitting there cursing the fair isle, I AM knitting it, and it is holding my attention. I do like the yarn, it reminds me of knitting with embroidery floss (no, I have never tried that, sounds like a very expensive experiment.) I also like the fact that the sweater is knit in one piece in the flat up to the arms.

I am knitting a 2T, and it seems on gauge. It also seems HUGE. Can someone tell me if 2T is after size 24 months, or if it is the same thing? Just wondering. Lil Bit is only in 18 month size at the moment. Oh well, good thing about knitting for kids, is that the WILL grow into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

That sweater is CUTE! I think 2T comes after 24 months...no one has corrected me (ie: my mom) so I'm pretty sure that's right. It looks so huge now, but remember how big 12 month clothes looked when she was born? Yeah.

July 13, 2006 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home