Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lately, I have been spending most of my time trying to the house clean. I have been wondering WHY it seems to be way harder for me than most mothers. While I am trying to keep the house clean, Lil Bit is tearing it up. Then in frustration I hit the computer, or my knitting, and Lil bit tries to take my "toy" away from me. At night, she would be totally screaming till we went for her walk, and then until I got her bath together. This clearly isn't working.
Yesterday I realized something. I had read an article that said if you are saying "no" more than you are giving hugs, you need to re evaluate your parenting style. So, I gave in. I figured that I would be happier playing on the floor with Lil Bit, and at least she wouldn't tear up the house while I was playing with her.
Guess what? The house is cleaner than it usually is, and both me and my darling girl are happier. It is her bath time, and not only is she NOT screaming, but she is typing happily on HER keyboard, while I am typing this on mine. I guess sometimes you do have to just give in.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Yes-yes-yes. Absolutely. I have fallen into the same trap and it will get you nowhere. The floors will wait and whatnot...heck, I've been needing to clean the bathroom all week and just finally got to it today during naptime...but when these babes are teenagers we won't care whether our houses were clean or not. It's not worth being miserable!

June 23, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home