Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Random Stuff

1) Forgot to tell you all: When Lil Bit and I went to the parade, we saw shriners dressed in kilts. My husband wears kilts for Ren Faires, so I approached one of the gentalmen later to get a look at his socks. They were lovely argile socks, but I don't think the hubby would need such a pair for renaissance Reenacting. While approaching him to get a look at his socks, the gentalman got quite flustered, and was like "as long as what you are looking at is the socks". Hubby says I should have bluntly told him that my husband has three kilts, and if I wanted to look up one, I didn't have to stalk strangers.

2) Lil bit and I went to a large chain toy store with a friend. I should have known better. I couldn't help myself, and bought Lil Bit a swing to go on the frame outside(made for a porch swing). Lil Bit was VERY happy with the purchase, once we got it up, and she realized what it was for.

3) There is a Jack Russell terrier that has been going on our walks with us some evenings. She meets us at the corner, and walks about half way around the block with us. I kind of feel sad that she is craving a walk that bad, she had to adopt strangers.

4) Lil Bit's cardigan is STALLED. I procrastinated when I got to the intarsia. I finally got up the nerve to start it today. When I got to it, could not find the instructions anywhere. *sigh*

5) Two gentlemen stopped me today on our walk, and asked for directions. They were obviously confused so I offered to map quest it for them. Big problem, I don't have a printer. I invited him in, but was nervous about it, he laughed and flashed a badge, saying he was a off duty cop. This made me even MORE nervous, because it meant he was either a cop or a weirdo. Then again, Hubby is a rather large man with plenty of security training. If someone is casing me on my walk, I would rather them see who I am married to. (when did I get this jaded?)

Well, that is all I can think of for today. Hopeful, I will get batteries soon, and can show you pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home