Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

While I was away

Lots to cover: dunno where to start.

First off, We took Lil Bit to Arthur In The Park not this last weekend, but the weekend before it. THAT was a disaster. WAY too crowded to do anything, and NOT going to stand in line a hundred people long for a one year old to get her picture taken with Elmo, or play in a ball pit.


Not a total loss, however. I did get a pic of Mr McFeely from Mr. Rodgers speaking on stage. I thought of Kate in blogland when I got this:


This Thursday was my best friend's wedding... It was a medieval/fantasy wedding, and all went well. I didn't take pics of the hall without people, and won't take pics of my friends without permission (I know, I just gave you random strangers... Never said I was totally fair) Here is a pic of me and Lil Bit, to show you how we were dressed


Yep, I decided to block out my face.. Guess I am just too chicken.. LOL.

This does show what I mean about medieval/fantasy.. Doesn't show the pretty head dress we all wore, but DOES however show that my hair can't hold curls AT ALL, no matter how much product is put into it.

Lil bit demostrated what a day with only a thirty minute nap, plus not being able to be held by Mommy during a ceremony will do to her. My mother had to hold her outside during the whole thing :(

That weekend was our annual sci fi con. I really didn't get my camera out much, given this is our vacation, but I can tell you that we dressed up every night we were there, and there was much fun had. Lil bit was watched both nights by my Mom, so that we could have adult time at the parties. This was kinda fun, given we don't do that too often. I will give you with a pic of Lil Bit dressed as a "Killer Bee" for the children's costume contest (done totally for fun, everyone gets a prize)


Wouldn't you believe that the pic of her unhappy is the one that shows off the costume? I promise I don't delight in taking pics of her pouting.

Did finish a "muppet pelt" for the bride, but didn't take a pic.. How many muppet pelt scarves do you need to see? I started both a linen pouch, and a pink fuzzy wig.. Lil bit trashed both projects. I didn't bother to continue them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home