Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dedicated to the ones I love

Yes, I know this post is a day late. Did you REALLY think I would be on time for ANYTHING?
First HAVE to tell you what lil Bit did two days ago. Bodily functions described.. So if you don't want to read it, skip the next paragraph.

Lil Bit had just taken Hubby and I to dinner, and once we were home, I put Lil Bit in the bath tub. She sat and soaked for a bit, and I sat there and let her play in the tub. She stood up, and got out of the tub, and I went to put her back. That was when she handed me something and said "poopy"! Yep, sure was! I called to hubby to wash up the baby, while I drained and scrubbed the tub. Needless to say, I was NOT amused.

I found myself telling two people yesterday how Hubby and I became a couple. It didn't happen on Valentine's day. In fact, it was a very hot night in July. However, it is one of the most romantic things my husband has ever done, and I think I should share it here.

I have never shared with you the fact that I am now married to my second husband. This blog deals with the here and now, and to moan over the past just seems wrong. Just know that things weren't happy, and that I had started dating my first husband when I was 16, married him at 22, and divorced him at 25. I have known Hubby since I was 20, and we were very good friends throughout my first marriage. I will call Hubby "H" for the rest of this story, because otherwise I think you will get lost

H, another friend, and I went out that evening. The subject came around to my marriage to my first husband, as it always seemed to. I wasn't happy, he wasn't treating me right, and why was I there anyways? "He loves me" seemed to be the answer. H was like "Well, I love you" "Do you?" of course he did, he was one of my best friends. "But are you IN love with me" He gave me no answer, and we left it at that. I was embarrassed, it wasn't something a married woman asked of her best male buddy.

Later in that night, when I should have gone home, instead the three of us went to an all night coffee shop in St. Louis. H wanted me to walk with him, so we left the other friend there, sipping her capacino. We passed specialty shops with trinkets and Tiffany lamps. Again the talk come to my marriage, and WHY.

We went back to the coffee shop, and my friend begged us not to leave her alone again. We decide to go on another walk, so take we took her with us.

This time we end up at the Chase Park Plaza. It is now about three in the morning, when I said I would be home at midnight. H was a security guard at the time, and sweet talks the door guard there into letting us wander the halls of the hotel. The hotel is beautifully decorated with fine art, tapristries, and antique furniture. As we walk down the hall, our other friend, who is a classically trained pianist, decides she is going to find the piano. She knows that there has to be one in a place as grand as this, and she just HAS to play it.

H says to me "come sit down with me for a moment" motioning to a very nice loveseat. We sit and talk for a moment, as the gentle sounds of classical music start coming from the distance. "You asked today if I love you, you know that I do" he starts "More important than that, you asked if I was IN love with you, the answer is yes"

I left my ex husband that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home