Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Friday night, Hubby and I had this HUGE argument. It doesn't happen often, we do have a good relationship. Sometimes, however it just isn't avoidable. Won't get into the argument, for privacy's sake.
All day yesterday, I was fuming at work. I didn't get a chance to talk it out, and we had gone to bed angry (yes, I know they say don't do that, but when you can't resolve it that night, and need to work the next day, what do you do?) Tried my best not to take it out on the customers, but I am afraid I snapped at a new cashier.
I came home, did housework, played with Lil Bit.. Was a bit apprehensive about hubby coming home. Hubby come home, went straight to the bathroom, and then straight to bed. Uh Oh, is he still THAT upset? He does work second shift, but it was only nine thirty at night. I went to talk to him in the bedroom, and realized that he was VERY sick. He said that he had been throwing up all day, and had to take frequent bathroom breaks. He had a fever, chills, and a bad headache too. I asked him why he didn't come home when he got sick. He looked at me and said "I wasn't ABOUT to come home sick". Okay, he was a bit apprehensive too.
Not the time to rehash the argument. I made him comfortable, gave him Tylonol, called his sister in law (she is a nurse) and let him know that if he wanted to go to the ER, I was ready (Saturday night, no doctor keeping hours until after Christmas).
I woke up several times during the night "Ready to go to the ER?" "No" "Okay, let me know" happened each time. I got up in the morning, got ready for work. I asked him how he felt "well, if you didn't have to go to work, I would say lets go to the ER". Well, I HAD to go to work. The only way I will get paid for Christmas is if I show up the day before, and the day after. I made some calls, and his dad was to take him, while his mom watched Lil Bit.
I was on pins and needles at work, and by the time I got off work, I was so nervous that I couldn't remember Hubby's cell number. I was becoming a nuisance at work, tying up the phone, and blocking customer service. I decided that I had to go somewhere else to call.
Going home seemed like a bad idea. Work was half way between the hospital and home. So instead, I went to my parents house. Dad was home, and had Hubby's cell number for me. No answer. So, I tried Hubby's Dad. Answer. Hubby was still at the hospital, Hubby's mom was with Lil bit, and I should worry about Hubby. Went to the hospital, Hubby was strapped to an IV. Hubby had the stomach flu, and was now dehydrated. This is nothing new. Hubby doesn't get too sick too often, but when he does, he will get dehydrated to the point they want to hook him up to an IV.
I relieved Hubby's dad, and my mom showed up. Shouldn't have been surprised, that is what our family does. If someone is sick, you go visit. Asked mom if she would bring me knitting.. And I got a few rows done on a cardigan for Lil bit (yes, my mom has knitting kits just laying around). Hubby got discharged, and is resting comfortably in bed.
I went to go get Lil bit, and bring her home. No dice. Hubby's mom would like to keep her, let Hubby and me rest, and hopefully Hubby won't be so contagious. I understand her reasoning, but I am still depressed. Christmas Eve has always been a time for presents and family in my household. Christmas morning, Santa has brought gifts in your stockings, and then you go to church. We then come home and had a big supper.
I was looking forward to opening presents tonight with my family, then giving Lil Bit her stocking in the morning, and then going to my In-laws for more presents and then dinner. Lil Bit has been looking forward to her stocking too. I had been storing her little toys in the stocking, but she kept pulling them out. My mother said that once when she told Lil Bit that she was to stay away from the stocking, Lil bit pointed on the picture of her on the front and said her name! Kinda like "SEE, MY picture!, MY stocking!" Yes, I have a handful.
Well, going to wrap presents, and then clean house.. I will go to bed early, so that I get my rest that my mother in law has prescribed.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home