Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Some pics and thoughts

Today, I have learned that with toddlers persistence does in fact pay off. Wic has always suggested that you offer a balanced meal to a toddler, even if you know that the child won't eat certain parts. So, for the last few weeks, her breakfast has had fruit in it, even though I KNOW that she hasn't been wanting fruit in the morning. You know what Lil Bit did today? She walked into the kitchen before breakfast, and said Na Na! She did eat the Banana when I gave it to her. SCORE!
On other fronts, guess what, I have actually been wanting to knit, and something other than muppet pelts. I think I am going to make a shawl. Not sure that it is for me, though. Do you know that out of all of what I have knitted, I have only kept one shawl, a halter top (my Olympic project) and two hats? (for me, that is, Lil bit has a few hats and a blanket)
I even sent my linen and moire drop stitch shawl that I absolutly LOVED away. It went to live with my great mother in law in Japan. She is a fellow crafter, and I know she would appreciate it. They were having a celebration for her birthday. She was SUCH a sweet person when I met her, and I wanted her to have something special. SIGH, I will have to learn to take pics of things before I send them off.
Speaking of pics! Here are some Thanksgiving pics of Lil Bit. I know I am a bit late, but what do you expect from me?

Lil bit had discovered an Eyeore that sings songs and claps ears. I am thinking that her Grandma will be wanting to get her one now.

2 Comments:

Blogger AlisonH said...

You're way ahead of me! It took me a long time to figure out that the way to get kids to eat stuff was to just keep putting it in front of them, ignoring whether they touched it or not, till they finally just saw it as normal stuff and ate it without thinking about it.

December 05, 2006 1:48 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Wow, she is so cute! Getting big, too! Look at all that hair...my poor kid inherited my hair gene, so it's really fine and thin now but will probably turn into a huge thick mane when she gets older, as mine did.

December 06, 2006 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home