Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Off The Needles

Why don't I knit more? Why is it, when I do knit, it tends to be shapeless fun fur scarves? Well, I am a fairly slow knitter, who likes knitting for knit sakes. Fun fur scarves knit up quickly, and don't show wear and tear when THIS happens

Painful, isn't it? That is the beginnings of a feather and fan shawl. Lil bit ripped it off the needles THREE times that day. The last time I just stuffed it back in the bag, and put it up.

Yeah, I know, I should have put it up between each use, but I am an unorganised knitter who likes to put her knitting bag on top of the couch. Lil bit is a very head strong baby who likes to climb things, and free knitting needles.

I like this shawl, because the top edge starts with four stitches and is added to with each row. You can see how the live stitches make up the triangle of the shawl. Pattern found here: http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/shawls-shrugs/feather-and-fan-comfort-shawl.htm

obviously I am using one color at the moment, and using worsted weight acrylic (don't know if I am going to give it away or keep it)

I put it back on the needles today, and will TRY and keep it away from the baby.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Kenny, I hear you! Hoping to make myself something really lacy with SOFT yarn once Lil Bit gets "needle trained"

December 14, 2006 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home