Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A storm of words

Well, I was going to make this post about Lil Bit's Dr. Appointment. Will touch on that briefly after I talk about the storm.

We here at the Cloud Nine are well, and safe. Even though I joke that we are on prime tornado property, the worse we got was flickering lights, and part of the dead tree in back down.

If you have no clue what I am talking about, we are having severe storms in this area. Part of the Airport has caved in, Down Town St. Louis has power out, Tractor trailers are on their sides on the freeways. My In-Laws, and Brother in law have their power out. Neither are more than a few miles from us, in different towns.

When we turned off the electronics, and got out the candles, Lil bit got nervous. After the worse of the storm had passed, we went into the garage, and opened up the door to watch the lightning in the distance. Once I figured she wanted her lawn chair, Lil bit settled down.

Ok, with that off my chest, Lil Bit's appointment:
She is growing like a weed, and got her shots.
The doctor asked how many words Little bit knew, and I honestly did not know how many. I guessed at 20, and he said that was very good.

After I got home, and started writing down words, this is what I got:

Mom, Dada, Baby, Kitty, Dog, Down, No, Yeah, Cookie, Cheese, D Dog (hot dog), Hi, Pretty, Ducky, E-I-E-I-O (her favorite song).

She also started calling for one of our cats when we did today.. So, that brings us up to 16 I can think of. She also meows (imitates the cats) and howls (that would be because of her Dad). I thank she is doing well.

I do want to say her diet isn't as bad as her vocabulary suggests. She only gets cookies on occasion, and hotdogs every once in awhile. Interesting that she picks THEM to talk about. Cheese is her favorite food, however, and she will open the lunch meat drawer every time the refrigirator door is open, and hand me cheese, saying the word.

Well, I am going to get Lil bit ready for bed, you all have a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Huh, weird, my kid's favorite thing is cheese too! When I get a string cheese out of the drawer she goes NUTS until I get it unwrapped.

July 19, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home