Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Sci Fi Con

Well, about to do something gutsy (for me) I talked about the Sci Fi con, but don't think everyone out in blog land knows exactly what this is about. You probally have an idea that we have forums about sci fi shows, and signing of our favorite authors, and we do. We also have forums on costuming, a big costume contest, a couple small ones, role playing gaming, an art gallery, a BIG room for vendors, sword fighting demos, movies played in three theaters, etc.. This is my local con, mileage may vary.
Honestly, I don't push myself to do a whole lot. This is my time to relax, and meet old friends and new people that are like minded. I did the kiddy costume contest with Lil Bit, watched a movie that a friend of a friend made. (HIGH honors, for a amateur film company to get their movies shown) Listened to my favorite author speak, did the dealers room and looked at the art. I didn't even play in any of the role playing games this year.
So, Teresa, what did you do? Mostly I got dressed up, one night in a Hodge podge costume I put together (my talent, can't sew worth diddly, but can put a costume together off the rack from normal clothes), and once in a renaissance bride's maid dress I wore two years ago. Wandered around, met new people talked to old ones.. At night there was a big party, and I did drink. We sport one of the few cons that has free beer for Con goers at night in the hotel part of the con. Unfortunately this does draw people that realize that for $50 bucks they can have two nights of free beer, and plenty of other parties throughout the hotel offering other drinks for free. These people don't understand WHY the rest of us are there, and tend to gawk a little. This year, though it seems there were more people that were honest con goers, and was a lot of fun.
Here is the gutsy part. To share this experience with you, I am sharing (with his permission) a buddy's photo gallery of people he saw at the con. I warn you, there are a lot of women in alluring costumes. Given my buddy took the pictures, and there are a lot of that sort of thing, it is to be expected. I am in one of the pictures, though I am not saying which one. So are a lot of my friends. Lil bit or Hubby are not to be found though... So I think we are safe.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/shadowwing77/Archon30/

enjoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home