Grey's Cloud Nine

Knitting,kids,life,sci fi cons,medieval reenactment, ect.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

ok, so I will blog today.

Lil bit crawled into my lap and when I looked down, she was asleep. It was early, so I am not nearly as exhausted as I could be at this time. I think it is the fighting with her, and the general putting her through the bed time routine that makes me so tired.
I am in good spirits tonight, but didn't' start out that way. Finances haven't been good, and I have been feeling like I work hard and never have anything to show for it. Things have been coming to a head for a LONG time.
My mother in law, love her to death, decides to change the baby's room. She hand made curtains for Lil bit. O.K. You know I am a crafty type person, so you know I am not going to object to this.
Lil Bit woke up at hour early because the room was so bright, however. In my exhausted state, I look around the room that I had designed to be dark and comforting. There were pics of momma and baby animals on the wall, and had always given me a warm feeling. There were flowered curtains,and flowered bedspread that while didn't match, were the same earth tones. (oh forgot to tell you guys: Lil Bit is in a big girl bed)
Instead now, there were Strawberry Shortcake curtains, an Elmo poster, a blue star balloon, and a Little Mermaid comforter. I FREAKED. I realized that now no part of this house was decorated by me. A room that comforted me and relaxed me was now WAY too busy. Some how the nursery had become MY SPACE, and I felt violated.
I called my mom and explained how I felt. I expected her not really to understand. She surprised me. She said that I was 32 years old, and if I wanted jungle animals in my child's nursery, then that should be respected. Mom also gave me the wisdom that I was not to mention it to my mother in law, that it would upset her given that she IS a professional, and took the time to make the curtains.
By the time my mother in law showed up, I was ok about it.. Told her that I was going to have to darken the room somehow, and that the little mermaid comforter HAD TO GO, because the clashing colors and themes gave me a headache (not literally, but aesthetically) I turned the comforter around to the plain side for now, and told myself to DEAL.
Hubby, bless him, took it as a sign that I NEEDED a holiday. He took back a "toy" he bought for himself, took me out to dinner, and then took me to the Russell Stover outlet to pick out some chocolates. Lil bit loved supper (and the desert both me and Hubby shared) and almost all the way home she kept saying "YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!" then "Thank You" I knew what she meant.
So, Hubby, if you read this (which I really don't think he does): YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!
THANK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home